Monday, June 24, 2013

Mason Jar Blender Totally Works!

A while back I did this post about freezing your leftover coffee in ice cube trays.  This is something I've been doing for years, since I was in college and ultra poor and couldn't afford those fancy iced and frozen coffee drinks from the local café.  Recently I've been doing this for my iced coffee and I love it, but as it's heating up I sometimes want an afternoon treat that's a little bit more indulgent (and frozen).  But getting out the blender and messing up the whole big thing for one small glass of frozen coffee was just too much for me. 

And then:  Pinterest!

I came across a pin from realsimple.com that said you could attach most mason jars directly onto the blades from your regular old blender.  Yea right, I thought.  Well, I'm here to tell you:



IT WORKED!

So I made myself a frozen coffee and drank half before I thought that I might want to share this information.  And of course I'd already put the blade in the sink so I had to wash it and reattach it to my mason jar.  You guys are really lucky I love you because I never would have drug myself away from this treat if I didn't.

 

And I don't exactly have a recipe, but let's face it, even if I did have a recipe for you, most people wouldn't follow it anyway, or you'd only really use it as a guide.  So here's what I threw in mine today:

6 or 8 frozen coffee cubes
1 large scoop of caramel ice cream
a healthy splash of milk, maybe 1/3 or 1/2 cup?

Of course you don't need the ice cream, but I really wanted a treat today! 
Let me know what variations you like,
~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love. Tell me if you've tried these things, if you've like them, if they were a nightmare, or if you know what I've done wrong. I'd love if you included links to your work, but please, keep it relevant.